Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk and beverage bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Lab Technologist who will be responsible for assisting the R&D Team with research projects, pilot product testing, ensuring correct and accurate sample preparation, and operating laboratory/pilot plant equipment properly and safely as well as general lab organization. May assist with Quality Assurance Department tasks when needed.
If you’re motivated and enjoy working in an environment that promotes innovative ideas, provides opportunities for leadership and project management and you possess a drive for continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply. You will be in a just-in-time, fast-paced work environment where you can gain the skills you need to achieve successful results at both an individual and team level. Galloway Company is FSSC 22000 certified in Food Safety.
- Support the food safety management system & employee safety initiatives
- Conduct all business-related activities in alignment with Corporate Vision and Values
- Assist with pilot plant product runs (blending batches, cleaning equipment, preparing samples, labels, etc.)
- Prepare samples per direction of R&D team
- Inventory management of R&D ingredient & product samples
- New flavor screening and sample prototype development
- Production & R&D shelf-life testing/stability studies
- Technical projects per direction of R&D team
- Shelf-life assessments for both product and ingredients
- Provide samples to current or potential customers and maintain sample databases
- Provide backup support when other team members are unavailable
- Participate in meetings where an R&D team member is needed
- Help troubleshoot production issues with R&D, QA and Production Teams
- Assist Quality Assurance Department with tasks if business needs arise
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or related field
- Chemistry skills desired
- Solid Communication Skills; both verbal and written as well as listening skills
- Works collaboratively, sharing learnings, building team depth and strength
- Self-starter with strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Should be familiar with analytical equipment
- Ability to interact professionally with all departments and co-workers
- Detailed and timely with a focus on accuracy
- Manage priorities and be flexible to changes
- Creative, think outside the box with the ability to evaluate from multiple perspective
- Contribute your perspective and ideas to team projects and problem-solving events
- Integrity—stands up for what is right
- Solid computer skills to include MS Office applications
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
We provide an attractive Midwest location. The Fox Valley is located on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, offering the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside location. We are a fun, family oriented organization.
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Lab Technologist at Galloway Company, please follow the link below to complete an online application and upload your resume:
Upon receipt of this information, you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company is an equal opportunity employer.