A chocolate bar and ice cream sundae are our passion. And, with your expertise and…
Environmental, Health and Safety Intern
Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in fluid milk processing. We have been supplying quality dairy desserts and bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers. We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Health and Safety Intern position.
As a member of Galloway’s team the successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience though the following duties:
- Drive Safety culture of ownership and develop safety solutions to plant operations team
- Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) experience and compliance at a food manufacturing site, while gaining EH&S experience in an industrial setting
- Performing project work across entire business which could include, Job Safety Analysis, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Assessments, Risk Assessments, and Hazard recognition activities
- Help drive safety programs, auditing and capturing findings to drive EHS.
- Help drive solutions to corrective actions and preventive actions to mitigate risks and hazards.
- Assist with regulatory compliance and complete projects with multi-function teams
- The intern will report to the EHS Manager.
- Must be working towards a bachelor’s degree in EHS and currently enrolled as a full-time student
- Prior work experience preferred
Skills and Competencies
- Documentation Skills
- Communication Skills
- Computer Skills
- Ability to Multitask
- Detail Orientated
- Self-Starter, Initiative to understand the “why’s”
- Minimum supervision required once trained
- Flexible, able to change priorities easily
- Good interaction and ability to build relationships with co-workers
- Takes direction well
- Curious and seeks to learn new processes and systems
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a general knowledge of all process areas in the plant and support daily activities as needed
- Work with Operators and Office staff to troubleshoot issues and implement solutions
- Understand and potentially assist with training of plant personnel.
- Potentially lead safety activities within the designated departments (which would require learning SOP’s and processes for the areas)
- Able to perform random inspections of areas, truck loading, and paperwork.
Neenah is located in the Fox Valley on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, offering the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside location. We are a fun, family oriented organization.
If you are interested in joining Galloway Company for the summer of 2022, please follow the link to apply ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY INTERN – Career Portal (dayforcehcm.com) Galloway Company is an equal opportunity employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.