At Galloway Company, we are committed to providing top quality specialty dairy ingredients to our customers, providing meaningful employment, giving back to the community, and setting the highest bar for our competitors. We value our employees and recognize that they are key to accomplishing our mission.
As a family-owned business, we value our employees and treat them like family. We are committed to supporting a collaborative, fun, and high-trust work environment. We have a passion for getting it right the first time, being nimble, and doing what others won’t do. Part of remaining a leader in our industry involves empowering employees who take great pride in what they do and have a strong work ethic. These ideals allow Galloway Company to stay true to our mission driven values and provide the best possible products to our customers.
Galloway is looking for an Accounting Manager to join our Finance Team. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work with a highly organized and structured department in a continually growing and well established family-owned company.
This position is responsible for a collection of responsibilities including the following:
- Maintain general ledger system and effectively manage the closing process
- Sales and Use Tax expert and liaison to ensure compliance and record-keeping
- Post month-end closing entries and monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts
- Review and prepare month-end reconciliations to ensure accurate financial statements
- Responsible for coordination and preparation for year-end audit
- Maintenance of standard costing and month end valuation of inventory
- Fixed asset tracking, monthly spend reporting, and annual MP & MR returns with external accounting firm
- Prepare monthly financial statements and related analyses with commentary
- Payroll; Non-Union payroll semi-monthly processing, Union weekly payroll processing, and annual W2 reconciliation and generation of W2s within payroll system
- Required understanding of pay rules as governed by the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Oversee company’s general ledger, invoicing, collections, vouchering, trade payments, and payroll system
- Day to day treasury management
- Assist with annual budget and quarterly forecasts
- Accounting project lead for additional ERP implementation (over next couple of years), items such as:
- Standard costing system within our ERP
- Use of procurement cards
- Electronic vendor payments within our ERP
- Paperless AP system
- EDI invoice processing
- Lead, develop, and coach the Accounting Personnel through the Coaching for Sustained Performance process by providing guidance, training, and feedback
- Project work as assigned by the Controller and CFO
- Assists, as needed, with other accounting or finance-related projects
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education/Training:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Accounting experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- 3-5 years of leadership experience supervising an accounting department preferred
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including proficiency writing basic excel formulas and creating pivot tables
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Has an inquisitive mindset to investigate issues, determine root cause and develop processes and controls for continuous improvement
- Organizational skills that attribute to their success as a highly accountable person
- Exhibits a high degree of confidentiality and handles such information with discretion
- Teamwork orientation and excellent interpersonal skills
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation package along with a gold standard benefits package, including health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, quarterly bonus, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Accounting Manager at Galloway Company, please click on the apply button to complete an online application and upload your resume:
Upon receipt of this information, you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Galloway Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Galloway Company does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. Galloway Company will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.