QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER
Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk, and beverage bases. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
Come grow with us as a Quality Assurance Manager.
If you’re motivated and enjoy working in an environment that promotes innovative ideas, provides opportunities for leadership and project management and you possess a drive for continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply. You will be in a just-in-time, fast-paced work environment where you can gain the skills you need to achieve successful results at both an individual and team level. Galloway Company is FSSC 22000 certified in Food Safety.
To assure that Galloway Company produces safe, quality products that meet or exceed customer and Galloway specifications as well as all state and federal regulations. Provides oversite leadership of the production lab manager and oversees customer requested product analysis certificates and communication for product quality. Creates, guides and implements quality programs and policies under direction from QA-RD Director.
In conjunction with the Director, QA/R&D/Food Safety & Regulatory, the incumbent will execute all directives for their area of responsibility. The QA Manager will lead the effort to identify/create the appropriate Quality Management System and Lab Information Management System ensuring successful interface execution with the Company’s ERP system. The QA Manager communicates directly with customers in matters of routine information sharing as well as complaint/issue resolution. Oversight of contract manufacturers quality programs, compliance, testing, reporting auditing.
Primary Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all Quality policies, programs, and procedures are effectively developed, implemented, and managed for ingredients, packaging, processing, and finished products.
- Provides the appropriate leadership, participation, and support to each process area regarding quality issues. (i.e., troubleshooting, audits, inspections, GMPs, HACCP, documentation), trending & root cause analysis.
- Supports plant management in overseeing compliance to quality procedures including prerequisites, Food Safety Plan/HACCP, Food Quality Plan, GMP’s, hold and release, food defense and product tracing and recall, revising procedures as necessary.
- Leads the research for, creation/implementation of new technologies and processes to enhance the capabilities and improve effectiveness of QA operations.
- Collaborates with co-manufacturing Quality Assurance team; provides oversight of customer complaint resolution.
- Responds to all ingredient, product and environmental monitoring test results obtained from Galloway lab and/or outside laboratories.
- Responsible for coaching, developing, and evaluating the performance of the Lab Manager and Quality Assurance Specialist.
- Participates in internal GMP audits to determine/assess compliance to company policy and regulatory requirements. Collaborates with Operations partners to resolve opportunities that are identified.
- Functions as a member of the Food Safety Team and thus performs required responsibilities associated with the team.
- PCQI leader trained to function as lead for Qualified Individual training
- Functions as Qualified Individual for verification of assigned Preventive Controls for food safety
- Ensures successful tracking of electronic data, Lab results and appropriate interface with business ERP, IT, QA programs for data test management for QA functions.
- Collaborate with Lab Manager on 8 AM huddles issues
- Possesses a solid understanding of production scheduling in relationship to QA/customer requirements; directs adjustments as necessary for timing of samples and reporting of COAs.
- Oversees and coordinates customer COA communication and customer sample shipments (not including R&D requests).
- Manages QA sampling programs (i.e., production batches, analytical, micro, environmental etc.) and takes necessary action to resolve related issues.
- Manages contract lab testing protocols to finished products to meet customer requirements.
- Develop lab operator proficiency program
- Develop SOPs for quality programs, maintain, update as warranted.
- Pest Control program oversight
- Glass audit oversight
- Serves as Industry Supervisor for Appendix N Bulk Load Screening Program, including ordering necessary testing supplies and maintenance of equipment and training of intake personnel in proper testing procedures.
- Recommends strategies, objectives, process improvements and policies to management with the intent of continuous improvement.
- Flexibility in hours – some weekend/holiday work may be required; Cover off-hours customer COAs and lab questions.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in microbiology, food science, or other related science required
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in a quality assurance role within a food production facility
- Previous supervisory experience highly desired
- General knowledge of FDA and WDATCP regulations and CFR’s pertaining to food manufacturing
- Possess excellent analytical abilities and capable of grasping key points from complicated issues. Must be a critical thinker.
- Developed skills in leadership, management, interpersonal relations, communication, decision making, conflict resolution, influencing and transferring of knowledge.
- Experience with GFSI certification is desirable.
- HTST Pasteurization and Aseptic Certification desired.
- Working knowledge of laboratory testing equipment and test methods
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
We provide an attractive Midwest location. The Fox Valley is located on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, offering the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside location. We are a fun, family oriented organization.
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, health insurance, wellness programs, quarterly bonus plan based on company profit, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, profit sharing, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Quality Assurance Manager position at Galloway Company, follow the Apply button to upload your resume and complete an online application.
Upon receipt of this information you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Galloway Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Galloway Company does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. Galloway Company will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.