Come grow with us as a Lab Manager.
This position will execute all directives for their area of responsibility. The Lab Manager has direct responsibility for Lab Operations and decision making associated with quality testing and root cause analysis of quality issues. The Lab Manager oversees all lab operator actions, decisions, and outcomes, and is responsible to communicate with the QA Manager and operations directly, for quality issues.
- Ensures all Quality and Food Safety policies, programs, and procedures are followed by all lab team members.
- Provides the appropriate leadership, participation, and support to each process area regarding quality & food safety issues. (i.e., troubleshooting, audits, inspections, GMPs, HACCP, documentation)
- Responsible for the evaluation and selection of appropriate test methodology with QA Manager and QA-RD Director oversight.
- Oversees contract lab sampling and submission flow.
- Oversees lab generated test results and lab quality records.
- Tracks, troubleshoots, and reports to QA Manager all ingredient, product, and environmental monitoring test results obtained from the production lab and/or outside laboratories.
- Responsible for the leadership, management, and development of lab team members, including but not limited to development and implementation of training programs and execute proficiency testing to ensure competency of laboratory team.
- Manages and maintains a thorough G.L.P. laboratory environment.
- Collaborates with Operations partners to identify and resolve issues of non-compliance and prevent opportunities for reoccurrence.
- Oversees maintenance of the lab. related test equipment, and equipment validations, including recommendations for equipment needs, calibration, service/repair.
- Responsible for ordering supplies for the laboratory and testing needs.
- Collaborate and implement/update lab and quality SOPS.
- Functions as a Qualified Individual for verification of assigned Preventive Controls for food safety.
- Understands and utilizes Business ERP, IT, QA programs for data test management for Lab Operations, Quality Assurance, and Food Safety functions.
- Attends daily 8 AM huddles for the plant as needed.
- Manages lab documentation, records, and logs appropriate incidents in digital systems.
- Flexibility in hours – some weekend/holiday work may be required; cover off-hours customer COA’s and lab questions.
- Participate in internal quality GMP audits.
- Participate in internal, external, and regulatory audits/inspections regarding lab operations/results.
- Bachelor of Science degree in the sciences, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biotechnology, food science, or other consumables related science required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a lab lead/tech within a food production facility
- Previous supervisory experience highly desired
- General knowledge of FDA and WDATCP regulations and CFR’s pertaining to food manufacturing
- Possess excellent analytical abilities and capable of grasping key points from complicated issues. Must be a critical thinker.
- Developed skills in leadership, management, interpersonal relations, communication, decision making, conflict resolution, influencing and transferring of knowledge.
- Experience with GFSI certification is desirable.
- HTST Pasteurization and Aseptic Certification desired.
- Working knowledge of laboratory testing equipment, test, and validation methods
- Experience in a union laboratory setting a plus.
- WDATCP Industry Supervisor Approved/Trained
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
Galloway Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Galloway Company does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. Galloway Company will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.