CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk and beverage bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Control Systems Engineer who will lead and coordinate Foxboro and capital projects.
If you’re motivated and enjoy working in an environment that promotes innovative ideas, provides opportunities for leadership and project management and you possess a drive for working with control systems, we encourage you to apply. You will be in a just-in-time, fast-paced work environment where you can gain the skills you need to achieve successful results at both an individual and team level. Galloway Company is FSSC 22000 certified in Food Safety.
- Participate in the recommendation, design, development, installation and maintenance of production equipment
- Extensive development and programming in the Foxboro Control System as well as other PLC controlled systems.
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with employees
- Participate in developing effective manufacturing process SOP’s to maximize yield while meeting customer quality and delivery expectations.
- Recommend, manage and communicate continuous improvement projects within the engineering department
- Function as the engineering resource for troubleshooting and optimization of the manufacturing process
- Efficiently coordinate and manage your engineering activities in support of the Company’s objectives.
- Responsible to ensure engineering activities are executed ensuring Food Safety and Personal Safety
- Lead and coordinate justifiable process improvement projects
- Develop criteria and implement projects that convert current manual processes to automatic control using the Foxboro system control (this would include code, logic, graphics, hardware, documentation and training)
- Lead and coordinate the troubleshooting process using trends and other analysis tools
- Build trends for Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and control monitors
- Design, build and commission new processes within the Foxboro Control System.
- Design, develop and implement test strategies to satisfy preventative maintenance action plan
- Provide hands-on support for Foxboro Control System
- Engineering conformance to all regulatory requirements
- Ensure manufacturing process SOP’s are created for new processes
- Flexibility in hours – some weekend/holiday work may be required
- After hours call in support for engineering group on a rotating basis.
- Requires a 4 year degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology degree with relevant experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a manufacturing organization
- Distributed Control System (DCS) and Programmable Logic Controller management experience
- Proven experience in programming and code writing skills in a Distributed Control System (DCS/PLC)
- Experience working with Foxboro IA control system is desired
- Engineering experience in a project management environment desired
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly regulated industry
- Good organizational skills and ability to monitor and coordinate activities under your direction
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, analytical, organizational, decision making, influencing skills and an ability to transfer knowledge
- Solid computer skills to include MS Office applications
- AutoCad and SQL Database experience desired.
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
We provide an attractive Midwest location. The Fox Valley is located on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, offering the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside location. We are a fun, family oriented organization.
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Control Systems Engineer at Galloway Company, please click on the Apply button to complete an online application and upload your resume.
Upon receipt of this information you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Index Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed.
Galloway Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Galloway Company does not discriminate in employment and no question on this application is used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant’s consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state or federal law. Galloway Company will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, race religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.