A chocolate bar and ice cream sundae are our passion. And, with your expertise and…
At Galloway Company, we are committed to providing top quality specialty dairy ingredients to our customers, providing meaningful employment, giving back to the community, and setting the highest bar for our competitors. We value our employees and recognize that they are key to accomplishing our mission.
As a family-owned business, we value our employees and treat them like family. We are committed to supporting a collaborative, fun, and high-trust work environment. We have a passion for getting it right the first time, being nimble, and doing what others won’t do. Part of remaining a leader in our industry involves empowering employees who take great pride in what they do and have a strong work ethic. These ideals allow Galloway Company to stay true to our mission driven values and provide the best possible products to our customers.
Galloway is looking for a Financial Accountant to join our Accounting Team. In this role you will have an opportunity to work in a highly organized and structured department in a continually growing well established family-owned company.
This position is responsible for a collection of responsibilities including the following:
- Demonstrates behaviors and actions that align with Galloway culture and values.
- Maintain daily tracking of our fluid dairy ingredients, reconciliation, and billing from our vendors.
- Monthly reporting to Department of Agriculture of fluid dairy ingredients as well as key liaison for required audit.
- Responsible for monthly inventory roll forward and costing of raw material and finished goods inventory.
- Closing of ERP system modules as part of the month end financial close processes.
- Creation of fixed asset project numbers in the ERP system, tracking and reporting of fixed asset project spending, and placing fixed asset projects in service on a timely basis upon project completion.
- Daily maintenance of the Cash Detail worksheet to ensure cash reconciles daily.
- Daily application of customer payments to their accounts within the ERP system.
- Daily processing of desktop check deposit to our financial institution.
- Weekly preparation and processing of customer credit card payments and daily processing of customer ACH payments.
- Preparation of account analyses, such as utility spending and customer material margins to identify trends or improvement opportunities.
- Monthly reconciliation of assigned GL accounts.
- Serve as the backup for Accounts Payable and Customer Invoicing.
- Support the annual financial audit.
- Assists, as needed, with other accounting or finance related projects.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education/Training:
- Associates Degree in Accounting.
- 3+ years accounting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills including proficiency writing basic excel formulas and creating pivot tables.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Has an inquisitive mindset to investigate issues, determine root cause and develop processes and controls for continuous improvement.
- Organizational skills that attribute to their success as a highly accountable person.
- Exhibits a high degree of confidentiality and handles such information with discretion.
- Teamwork orientation and excellent interpersonal skills.
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Financial Accountant at Galloway Company, please follow the link below to complete an online application and upload your resume:
Upon receipt of this information you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company is an equal opportunity employer.