Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in…
At Galloway Company, we are committed to providing top quality specialty dairy ingredients to our customers, providing meaningful employment, giving back to the community, and setting the highest bar for our competitors. We value our employees and recognize that they are key to accomplishing our mission.
As a family-owned business, we value our employees and treat them like family. We are committed to supporting a collaborative, fun, and high-trust work environment. We have a passion for getting it right the first time, being nimble, and doing what others won’t do. Part of remaining a leader in our industry involves empowering employees who take great pride in what they do and have a strong work ethic. These ideals allow Galloway Company to stay true to our mission driven values and provide the best possible products to our customers.
Galloway is looking for a Benefits and Compensation Manager to join our HR Team. In this newly created role you will have an opportunity to truly make an impact by developing and implementing our benefits & wellness programs as well as our compensation plans and policies.
Our Benefits and Compensation Manager is responsible for a collection of responsibilities including the following:
- Manages and provides strategic input for company benefit programs; Health, Dental, Vision, RX, Life, Short and Long Term Disability.
- Daily administration of Employee Benefit programs; participates in vendor management activities including day to day oversite of vendors/benefit consultant, regular status calls and recommends process improvements related to area of responsibility.
- Participates with vendors, consultants, and senior leadership to assess and plan for annual renewals; including plan funding models, employees cost sharing, communication and open enrollment.
- Oversees and manages 401(k) Plans; ensures compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. Leads the 401(k) Investment Committee.
- Manages company Leave of Absence Programs; FMLA, Disability and WC in accordance with laws/regulations, company policies and Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Develops, manages, and promotes company Wellness Programs, the Gallo Clinic and the Empowered Health Plan.
- Participates in salary surveys and applies results and other metrics to recommend pay grade assignments, annual merit increase budget as well as other compensation related actions.
- Serves as key resource in understanding HRIS system to increase efficiencies, employee experience, and reporting.
- Research and resolve HRIS problems, unexpected results or process flaws related to area of responsibility.
- Responsible for timely filing requirements associated with company benefit plans and other government required reporting.
- Responsible for leadership, management and development of the Administrative Coordinator.
- Manages Employee Service Award Program.
- Serves as HR partner to Finance as it relates to payroll processing. Provides CBA interpretation related to payroll/benefits/compensation.
- Assists, as needed, with recruiting projects or other HR related projects.
- Demonstrates behaviors and actions that align with Galloway culture and values.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education/Training:
- Bachelor Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field
- 7+ years progressive Human Resource management experience with a focus on benefits and compensation desired
- HR Certification preferred (PHR; SPHR; SHRM-CP; SHRM-SCP)
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and ability to advise on laws and regulations affecting HR practices
- Exhibits a high degree of confidentiality of sensitive information and handles such information with discretion.
- Communicates effectively and timely, verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
- Excellent time-management with ability to manage schedules and meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret and administer policies and procedures consistently and objectively.
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Office and HRIS – previous DayForce experience is a plus
- Facilitate an overall work environment of mutual respect and collaboration.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives with minimal oversight.
- Teamwork orientation, highly collaborative, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
TO APPLY: If you are interested in applying for the Benefits and Compensation Manager at Galloway Company, please click on “Apply Today” or follow the link BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION MANAGER – Career Portal (dayforcehcm.com).
Upon receipt of this information you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company is an equal opportunity employer.