ICE CREAM. ICE CREAM. WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM! We knew that would capture your attention. Because nearly everyone loves this creamy indulgence. And we would know because ice cream is integral to our business. In fact, Galloway Company is known across the country as the premier expert in ice cream, sweetened condensed milk and cream liqueur. Our amazing team creates wonderful products for the nation’s largest “sweet” manufacturers. Join our family and help us continue to deliver our products to sweet tooths everywhere.
The Chief Human Resources Officer, also known as a Chief People Officer, is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the company, specifically in the areas of succession planning, talent management, organizational and performance management, training and development, labor/employee relations and total rewards. Direct reports to the CHRO include the Talent & Engagement Manager and the Benefits & Compensation Manager. This position reports to the President.
- Functions as a strategic business advisor and partner providing guidance to senior management regarding culture, growth, planning, and talent management.
- Provides strategic leadership by articulating HR needs and plans to the senior leadership team, and when appropriate to the Board of Directors.
- Actively promotes and supports Galloway’s culture ensuring all departments align with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Partners and collaborates with leadership on major organizational initiatives and ensures all initiatives align with the company’s desired culture, mission, and strategic plan.
- Provides an organizational resource for development of group and individual accountabilities and a framework for performance measurement against those goals.
- Ensures the fair and equal treatment of employees by ensuring the interpretation and administration of Galloway policies and practices are consistent and transparent.
- Leads the company’s succession planning efforts.
- Oversees and directs the development, implementation and marketing of the company’s Total Rewards philosophy and programs.
- Oversees and directs the development and implementation of the company’s hiring policies, programs and practices.
- Oversees and directs the design and implementation of the company’s training and development practices as well as the Company’s performance management system.
- Ensures Galloway remains in compliance with all federal and state employment laws and regulations.
- Active participant in the strategic planning and annual budgeting activities.
- Active participant in Union negotiations.
- Actively supports the food safety management system and employee safety initiatives through adherence to policies and participation in various audits and meetings.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), PHR or SPHR certification preferred
About Galloway Company:
At Galloway Company, we are committed to providing exceptional specialty dairy ingredients to our customers, meaningful employment to our team and continued support to our community. As a family owned business, we value our employees and treat them like family. We are committed to supporting a collaborative, fun, and high-trust work environment. We have a passion for getting it right the first time, being nimble, and doing what others won’t do. Our culture involves empowering employees who take great pride in what they do and have a strong work ethic. These ideals allow Galloway Company to stay true to its mission-driven values and provide the best possible products to our customers.