Galloway is recruiting for an IT Director; the IT Director will provide leadership in setting strategy, planning, coordinating, advancing, and managing the use of technology and information resources that support the mission and goals of Galloway. This position reports to the President and oversees a team of IT professionals and works with them to strategically advance the business and information functions. The IT Director is knowledgeable and experienced with current best practices for the management of information technologies, systems, data analysis, design and operation.
Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk and beverage bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Logistics Specialist. This individual will manage finished goods and raw material/ingredient inventory. The incumbent will also manage outbound van, LTL and bulk tanker shipments. The Logistics Specialist will support and provide indirect leadership for the Stockroom function and processes. In addition, the Logistics Specialist will provide backup support for Beverage/Sweetened Scheduling and Customer Service.
If you’re motivated and enjoy working in an environment that promotes innovative ideas, provides opportunities for leadership and project management and you possess a drive for continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply. You will be in a just-in-time, fast-paced work environment where you can gain the skills you need to achieve successful results at both an individual and team level. Galloway Company is FSSC 22000 certified in Food Safety.
Position Purpose: In conjunction with the Supply Chain Manager and the operations team, the incumbent will execute activities related to inventory management and logistics/transportation. This role will be responsible for developing systems/processes to ensure sustained results related to inventory management and logistics. The incumbent is the primary individual responsible for meeting and exceeding the performance metrics established for their areas of responsibility
Primary Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to ensure effective inventory management and logistics support to assure timely production of product.
- Perform releases of various materials from blanket purchase requirements arranged by Supply Chain Manager.
- Ensure safe workplace guidelines and initiatives are supported – both Food and Employee Safety
- Manage finished goods and raw material/ingredient inventory (including month-end/year-end processes) are in alignment with our organizational objectives.
- Manage outbound van and bulk tanker shipments to our customers. Includes managing appointments and loading schedules.
- Manage railroad switches for our sugar rail cars to ensure uninterrupted supply and minimize demurrage cost. Process associated paperwork
- Conformance to all regulatory requirements
- Ensure standards/SOP’s are in place and followed for inventory management and logistics to ensure delivery of customer needs and organizational objectives.
- Ensure standards/SOP’s are in place for key accountabilities of this role and operators that support this role
- Manage receiving process and entry into ERP system
- Support and lead the operators as it relates to inventory management and/or transportation.
- Continual improvement of processes, best practices & achievement of KPI results under your direction
- Flexibility in hours – some after hours, weekend and/or holiday work may be required
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Associate Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management or equivalent combination of education and business-related work experience required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of logistics, inventory control and/or scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment highly preferred
- Ability to work collaboratively in a highly regulated industry
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to monitor and coordinate activities under your direction
- Developed skills in leadership, management, interpersonal, communication, analytical, organizational, decision making, conflict resolution, negotiating, influencing and transferring knowledge
- Solid computer skills to include MS Office applications. Must be proficient in Word and Excel
- Experience working in ERP and control systems is preferred. Experience in WMS and/or data collection system is preferred
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
We provide an attractive Midwest location. The Fox Valley is located on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, offering the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside location. We are a fun, family oriented organization.
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Logistics Specialist at Galloway Company, please follow the link below to complete an online application and upload your resume:
Upon receipt of this information, you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company is an equal opportunity employer.