Position Description: Qualified candidates will be available to work days Monday – Friday, with the possibility of occasional overtime, which could include nights, weekends or holidays. This position is a helper to our maintenance operators and allows some experience in a manufacturing environment. Ideal candidates will be pursuing an engineering related career and will have desktop computer skills and demonstrated decisiveness and initiative. The ability to work in a team environment with multiple deadlines is essential. This is a position that offers 40 hours per week with a starting wage of $15.00/hour.
Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk, and beverage bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Manager.
If you’re motivated and enjoy working in an environment that promotes innovative ideas, provides opportunities for leadership and project management and you possess a drive for continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply. You will be in a just-in-time, fast-paced work environment where you can gain the skills you need to achieve successful results at both an individual and team level. Galloway Company is FSSC 22000 certified in Food Safety.
To assure that Galloway Company produces safe, quality products that meet or exceed customer and Galloway specifications as well as all state and federal regulations. Lead and manage all aspects of the production lab including personnel, equipment and processes. Oversee customer requested product analysis certificates and communication for product quality.
Primary Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Ensures all Quality policies, programs, and procedures are effectively developed, implemented, and managed for ingredients, packaging, processing, and finished products.
- Provides the appropriate leadership, participation, and support to each process area regarding quality issues. ( i.e. troubleshooting, audits, inspections, GMPs, HACCP, documentation)
- Supports plant management in overseeing compliance to quality procedures including prerequisites, Food Safety Plan/HACCP, Food Quality Plan, GMP’s, hold and release, food defense and product tracing and recall, revising procedures as necessary.
- Collaborates with co-manufacturing Quality Assurance team; provides oversight of customer complaint resolution.
- Tracks, troubleshoots and responds to all ingredient, product and environmental monitoring test results obtained from Galloway lab and/or outside laboratories.
- Responsible for the leadership, management, and development of lab operators. Includes development and implementation of training programs to ensure competency of operators.
- Responsible for coaching and developing the Quality Assurance Specialist, completes performance management activities.
- Participates in internal audits to determine/assess compliance to company policy and regulatory requirements. Collaborates with Operations partners to resolve opportunities that are identified.
- Oversees the maintenance of the lab and related test equipment, including recommendations for equipment needs, calibration, service / repair, and ordering supplies.
- Functions as a member of the Food Safety Team and thus performs required responsibilities associated with the team.
- Functions as Qualified Individual for verification of assigned Preventive Controls for food safety
- Understands and utilizes Business ERP, IT, QA programs for data test management for QA functions.
- Attends daily 8 AM huddles for the Lab.
- Manages lab documentation, records, and logs appropriate incidences in database.
- Possesses a solid understanding of production scheduling in relationship to QA/customer requirements; makes adjustments as necessary for timing of samples and reporting of COAs.
- Oversees and coordinates customer COA communication and customer sample shipments (not including R&D requests).
- Manages QA sampling programs (i.e. production batches, analytical, micro, environmental etc) and takes necessary action to resolve related issues.
- Serves as Industry Supervisor for Appendix N Bulk Load Screening Program, including ordering necessary testing supplies and maintenance of equipment and training of intake personnel in proper testing procedures.
- Recommends strategies, objectives, process improvements and policies to management with the intent of continuous improvement.
- Flexibility in hours – some weekend/holiday work required; Cover off-hours customer COAs and lab questions.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in microbiology, food science, or other food related science required
- Minimum of 5 year’s experience in a quality assurance role within a food production facility
- Previous supervisory experience highly desired
- General knowledge of FDA and WDATCP regulations and CFR’s pertaining to food manufacturing
- Possess excellent analytical abilities and capable of grasping key points from complicated issues. Must be a critical thinker.
- Developed skills in leadership, management, interpersonal relations, communication, decision making, conflict resolution, influencing and transferring of knowledge.
- Experience with GFSI certification is desirable.
- HTST Pasteurization and Aseptic Certification desired.
- Working knowledge of laboratory testing equipment and test methods
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
We provide an attractive Midwest location. The Fox Valley is located on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, offering the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside location. We are a fun, family oriented organization.
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Quality Assurance Manager position at Galloway Company, please follow the link below to complete an online application and upload your resume:
Upon receipt of this information you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company is an equal opportunity employer.