We are currently recruiting for a Technical Support Analyst. The Technical Support Analyst will provide front line support to the organization as a member of the IT Infrastructure team. As member of this team, daily activities will include first level troubleshooting, incident resolution, equipment rollout, break fix and calibration of IT peripheral equipment. This role also includes end user support and trouble ticket resolution with after hours and weekends on a monthly rotation schedule.
Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk, and beverage bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality Assurance Specialist.
If you’re motivated and enjoy working in an environment that promotes innovative ideas, provides opportunities for leadership and project management and you possess a drive for continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply. You will be in a just-in-time, fast-paced work environment where you can gain the skills you need to achieve successful results at both an individual and team level. Galloway Company is FSSC 22000 certified in Food Safety.
The Quality Assurance Specialist supports the quality and food safety systems of the company. The QA Specialist manages the: customer COA systems, customer quality sample processes, environmental sanitation monitoring program, integrated pest management program; and provides technical support to various quality and food safety programs.
Primary Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Comply with Food Safety System Certification (FSSC); Food Safety Plan, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point; FDA Food Safety Modernization Act standards; and Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection WDATCP
- Model and promote Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
QA and Technical Support
- Maintains depth of understanding in Quality Testing System in order to be a resource in the development, enhancement, and implementation of software systems supporting QA
- Function as a technical resource for inquiries and trouble-shooting user issues
- Quality data review and entry
- Report deviations to QA Manager in complete and appropriate detail
- Communication of out-of-spec results to QA Manager and begin preliminary investigation
- React with urgency to logistics if the shipment schedule could be affected
- Coordinate Certificate of Analysis (COA) preparation and distribution to ensure timing compliance with customer
- Maintain customer files, email contacts, and other supporting databases
- Prepare and submit samples to customers
- Manage the environmental sanitation monitoring program, swabbing, data entry, data trending and reaction to correct
- Manage Integrated Pest Management program with Pest control vendor
- Customer-specific sample submission, Analysis Request Form generation, and data entry as applicable
- Mix code date updates in ROSS, bi-annual
- Serve as Lab and QA Manager designate in the case of an extended absence by the Lab and QA Manager; will provide backup coverage as needed
- Maintaining ROSS system QA items to ensure product testing, sampling, and COA accuracy
- Oversee the collection of process or quality data
- Reviewing, analyzing, and data summary distribution for trends or problems
- Assists with managing Vendor Assurance specifications, reviews, and credentials
- Provides support, knowledge and expertise in documentation of incidents/complaints, corrective actions, and Corrective and Preventative Action (CAPA)
- Root-cause analysis, implementation of corrective action, and verification
- Assist Lab & Quality Manager in lab equipment calibration/repair, as needed
- Development and maintenance of QA and lab Standard Operating Procedures/Work Instruction
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Dairy Science, Microbiology, Nutrition, Food technology or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience required
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant industry experience is required
- Knowledge of GMPs, FSSC (GFSI) certification
- HACCP and PCQI Certified preferred
- Better Process Control School Certified is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel)
- Requires strong English language and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to coach, teach and lead others
- Proven problem-solving ability; sound judgement and decision-making
- Ability to multi-task in a highly customer (internal and external) focused business environment
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work individually and with a team
- High analytical aptitude: strong data analysis skills and attention to detail
- Highly adaptable and flexible to a dynamic environment
- Flexibility in hours – may require some evening or weekend hours as necessary to support the business
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
We provide an attractive Midwest location. The Fox Valley is located on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, offering the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside location. We are a fun, family oriented organization.
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Quality Assurance Specialist position at Galloway Company, please follow the link below to complete an online application and upload your resume:
Upon receipt of this information you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company