•Report to FAMILY oriented, FAMILY run, BENCHMARK OPERATION.
•Creating high quality ingredients and products that are used in EVERYDAY, NATIONWIDE candy and beverage PRODUCTS
•Using the LATEST TECHNOLOGY in an industry leading facility.
•Working with HIGH LEVEL operators on an EXPERIENCED team that is looking to pass down their knowledge to workers WILLING TO LEARN.
•Helping Galloway STAY AT THE TOP of the market by CHALLENGING yourself to get the JOB DONE RIGHT in the correct time, no more, no less.
Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk and beverage bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Research and Development Technologist who is responsible for assisting the R&D Team with regulatory compliance, customer document requests, kosher program, research projects, new formulations, pilot product testing, ensuring correct and accurate sample preparation, and operating laboratory/pilot plant equipment properly and safely.
If you’re motivated and enjoy working in an environment that promotes innovative ideas, provides opportunities for leadership and project management and you possess a drive for continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply. You will be in a just-in-time, fast-paced work environment where you can gain the skills you need to achieve successful results at both an individual and team level. Galloway Company is FSSC 22000 certified in Food Safety.
- Support the food safety management system & employee safety initiatives
- Conduct all business related activities in alignment with Corporate Values and Vision
- Assist with pilot plant product runs (blending batches, cleaning equipment, preparing samples, labels, etc.) with eventual goal of primary responsibility of pilot plant
- Prepare samples per direction of R&D team
- Inventory management of R&D ingredient & product samples
- New flavor screening and sample prototype development
- Production & R&D shelf life testing/stability studies
- Technical projects per direction of R&D team
- Responsible for the R&D inputs into the labeling software program; ingredient declaration, product code, name, nutrition data (if needed), kosher symbol, real seal.
- Assist with document dissemination per customer requests
- Assist with document collection from suppliers.
- Responsible for the Kosher program
- Create nutritional data sheets
- Shelf life assessments for both product and ingredients
- Provide samples to current or potential customers and maintain sample databases
- Flexibility in hours – some weekend/holiday work may be required
- Provide backup support when other team members are unavailable
- Participate in meetings where an R&D team member is needed
- Help troubleshoot production issues with R&D, QA and Production Teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Microbiology, or related field
- Chemistry skills desired
- Solid Communication Skills; both verbal and written as well as listening skills
- Works collaboratively with R&D team, sharing learnings, building team depth and strength
- Self-starter with strong ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Must be familiar with analytical equipment
- Ability to interact professionally with all departments and co-workers
- Detailed and timely with a focus on accuracy
- Manage priorities and be flexible to changes
- Creative, think outside the box with the ability to evaluate from multiple perspective
- Contribute your perspective and ideas to team projects and problem solving events
- Integrity—stands up for what is right
- Solid computer skills to include MS Office applications
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
We provide an attractive Midwest location. The Fox Valley is located on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, offering the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside location. We are a fun, family oriented organization.
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Research and Development Technologist at Galloway Company, please follow the link below to complete an online application and upload your resume:
Upon receipt of this information you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company is an equal opportunity employer.