Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk and beverage bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk, and beverage bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
We are currently recruiting for an Operations Coordinator.
If you’re motivated and enjoy working in an environment that promotes innovative ideas, provides opportunities for leadership and project management and you possess a drive for continuous improvement, we encourage you to apply. You will be in a just-in-time, fast-paced work environment where you can gain the skills you need to achieve successful results at both an individual and team level. Galloway Company is FSSC 22000 certified in Food Safety and is a designated Well Workplace in Wisconsin.
- Support safe work practices and strive to fulfill Galloway’s vision of zero injuries
- Fulfill food safety management system protocols
- Become an expert at applying the union contract language to staffing, pay & associated cost of operations
- Develop and maintain positive business relationships with all levels of the organization
- Support a culture where employees can thrive personally and professionally
- Manage document control within the FS22000 SharePoint database
- Manage union staffing: Labor scheduling, vacation, overtime, attendance, job postings and employee movement
- Manage training schedules and process for union employees
- Manage process to maintain and update SOP’s / Standards within Operations Team
Primary Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Ensure staffing decisions fully conform to the Company’s Food Safety Management System, Workforce Safety Initiatives and the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Responsible for optimum daily staffing of union production team members
- Attends daily production huddles; shares personnel related updates with the workforce
- Manage hourly attendance policy. Includes tracking & alerting Operations Leaders as necessary for disciplinary actions utilizing Attendance Tracking System; coordinates and drafts disciplinary actions with Human Resources
- Reviews and approves union employee time cards on a daily/weekly basis
- Communicates with union payroll clerk to ensure union payroll issues/situations are resolved & communicated prior to payroll processing each Monday; coordinates the communication necessary to resolve payroll issues that arise after the pay day, ensuring adherence to the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Manages the annual union vacation/time off process with all union employees ensuring adequate staffing levels and conformance with Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Manage, coordinate, schedule and track all training for union hourly employees; including New Hire Orientation and On Boarding activities
- Manages the job posting process for hourly union positions per the CBA
- Manage the process to ensure SOP’s/Standards are in place and updated (in coordination with the Operations Teams)
- Identifies gaps where standards do not exist and drives improvement in existing standards
- Utilize external resources to develop training on standards and problem solving
- Manage best practice sharing within Operations Leader Group
- Offer language input into union contract and maintain positive bargaining committee relations
- Manage the FS22000 SharePoint database, functioning as the Document Control Coordinator
- Manages the Operations Training Program; creates and maintains up to date Training Checklists; ensures training plans are in place for hourly workforce and monitors completion of training
- Maintains appropriate documentation to demonstrate operator competency as required by FSC2200 requirements
- Back up support, as needed, for Operations Leader Group
- Other activities as directed.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- A high school diploma or equivalent required; Associate or bachelor degree in Operations Management or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in a manufacturing organization, previous experience in workforce scheduling desired
- Ability to interpret and apply collective bargaining agreement language as necessary
- Willingness to learn Problem Solving methods
- Highly developed organizational skills and ability to monitor and coordinate multiple activities, workforce and production requirements
- Developed skills in interpersonal relations, communication, analytical thinking, organizing, decision making, conflict resolution, influencing decisions and transferring knowledge
- Solid computer skills to include MS Office applications
- Gain an understanding for personnel scheduling and training decisions based on data collected from Foxboro, Infusion Historian, Active Factory, Ceridian/Dayforce, etc.
- Flexibility in hours – some weeknight, weekend/holiday work may be required
Company Core Values:
- Honesty – Caring about People
- Commitment – Develop People, Develop Processes
- Nimble – Innovation
- Empowerment – Improvement, Accountability, Measurement
- Pride – Focus on the Customer
We provide an attractive Midwest location. The Fox Valley is located on the western shores of Lake Winnebago, offering the outstanding quality of life found in mid-sized communities along with the outdoor activities of a lakeside location. We are a fun, family oriented organization.
Galloway Company offers an attractive and competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes, health insurance, wellness programs, 401k Plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, STD/LTD and much more.
If you are interested in applying for the Operations Coordinator position at Galloway Company, please follow the link below to complete an online application and upload your resume:
Upon receipt of this information you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Resumes will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed. Galloway Company is an equal opportunity employer.