Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in concentrated blended fluid milk processing. We sell nationwide, supplying quality dairy desserts, sweetened condensed milk and beverage bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in our industry leadership position in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products and our customers.
This job is a high visibility position that requires plant wide mechanical and welding maintenance. You will be required to perform all activities of the maintenance department, and interface with plant employees and managers on a daily basis. These activities include but are not limited to, purchase of equipment, installation of the new systems and equipment, chemical handling and transfer, field maintenance of all equipment, troubleshooting equipment plant wide including the boilers.
Other position responsibilities:
- Understanding of dairy processing systems, water systems, and steam processes.
- Understand theory and practical dairy processing.
- Ability to perform a high level of maintenance on all equipment.
- Ability to work with outside services and suppliers.
- Must be able to get along, communicate, handle pressure, work with managers and function at meetings.
- Understanding of the latest technology in a manufacturing environment.
Requirements for the position:
- Must successfully complete the maintenance operator assessments to be considered for the position
- 4 year apprenticeship program (company sponsored)
- Must be willing to enroll and complete the 4 year apprenticeship program (Galloway sponsored)
- Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shifts in a 24/7 operation (including nights, weekends and holidays)
Galloway Company is a local family owned and operated specialty dairy product manufacturer specializing in fluid milk processing. We have been supplying quality dairy desserts and bases for over 5 decades. Galloway Company’s unmatched quality and service is reflected in the products we sell as well as the services we provide to support our products, our customers, and our workforce.
We are a fun, family oriented atmosphere offering an attractive and competitive compensation (starting over $30.00/hour) and benefits package, including health insurance, wellness programs, 401k plan with company match, paid time off, life insurance, short term disability benefits and much more.
Upon receipt of this information you will receive an invitation to complete a Culture Survey. Applications will be reviewed once the Culture Index Survey is completed.
Galloway is an equal opportunity employer.